Thursday, April 14, 2011

Generosity

Generosity - giving freely without expecting anything in return.  There are people in this world who are truly generous.  I am blessed to have some of these people in my life.  Thomas & I received a surprise this week from a friend, one very kind and generous friend.  Sometimes I find myself so caught up with everything my world is spinning.  Then this happens - my world stops for a moment - I want to cry because I'm so overjoyed.  It's these moments I cherish.

Trace has been having trouble with overheating.  I thought it was just the warm weather, which doesn't help, until it started happening indoors.  Bright red face, hot skin, but no fever.  The culprit of this is a medication he takes to help control his seizures.  One of the side effects is the inability to sweat, so his body can't cool itself down.  Therefore the sweat test last Friday gave us no results.  His neurologists both agree it's best to keep him on the seizure med for now.  Because of another generous person, we received a cooling vest to help.  I'm hoping it does enough so he can enjoy some outdoor time this summer.  He loves being "ow sigh".  If not, then I guess he can always spend lots of time swimming.

Peyton received her driver's permit yesterday - so scary!  I can't believe my baby girl is already old enough to drive.  Time seems to slip away faster and faster each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment