Wednesday, April 18, 2012

UMDF Family Meeting - Morgan's Wonderland

We attended our 2nd Annual UMDF Family Meeting at Morgan's Wonderland this weekend.  I love that place!!  For those of you unfamiliar with Morgan's Wonderland, it is a park built for special people with special needs.  Trace really showed us his physical improvements on the playground areas.  He blew my mind at what he was able to accomplish - all by himself!!  Just shows me that all that therapy we force upon him is well worth it. 




He enjoyed the sensory room even more that last year - I didn't think that was possible, but the Yeahs!, Wows!, clapping and excitement from Trace were at the next level. 


He loved the carousel this year.  Last year he liked it until it started moving, then no so much.  He rode it at least 4 times. 


He had a great time on his Choo-Choo ride.  This kiddo loves trains! 


Peyton played with Trace while we listened to the speaker, who was really informative.  Wish I could have heard this presentation a year ago.  Of course I was still in denial about Trace having Mito and this presentation confirmed it over and over so it might have hurt a little.  I still feel that denial sometimes and it did make my heart sink a little.  That only lasted a very short while though.  The facts are facts and Mito is our reality.  All I can do is work through it as best I can and love every moment with my little Mister.  



It was really a wonderful family weekend full of smiles that make my heart so happy!

This was Trace 20 minutes after leaving the park ~ I'd say he had a great time!
   


Hope, Love, Courage &Faith,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a good time. I am bummed we couldn't go- hopefully next year! Trace is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete