Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

The Wehring family had a beautiful Christmas this year.  We received the most amazing gift - Trace was well!  I prayed very hard for him to be well and my prayers were answered.  This was Trace's first Christmas without being very ill and miserable.  Peyton was sick, but not too bad, and tells me the day after Christmas "Mom, you know why I'm sick?"  I respond "No, why?"  She replies "Because I prayed to God that if Trace was going to be sick, God give it to me instead, so my little mister could enjoy his Christmas this year."  It brought tears to my eyes as I was so proud of her selfless act.  It was amazing to see Trace this year - a totally different child.  He didn't mind the big crowds at the grandparents too much and even played chase with his cousin.  Trace can't run yet, but this kind of interactive play is a first for him, and it was really exciting to witness.  He was so animated when opening his gifts saying "WOW!" with each one - even at other's gifts too - it was so fun to watch.  Thomas and I wanted to give something extra special to our girl this year.  She has given a lot in the past 3 years and we wanted to sort of repay her.  I loved watching my daughters face light up as we told her about her gift from Santa.  I loved every moment of Christmas this year. 

We also decided that as a family we will be giving part of our Christmas to others next year.  We will be taking gifts to the children at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.  It's been something I've wanted to do since our journey with Mito began.  I can't imagine how bleak it must be for a child to spend Christmas in a hospital room.  I think it will be a wonderful experience for us to bring a little joy to the children who are unfortunately at CMHH over the holidays.  That is part of my New Year's resolution - to simplify my life in order to give more.  I know what a blessing it has been to be on the receiving end of people who choose to give.

I won't go into all the details of the cookie baking, presents, food, family gatherings (all 7, yes that's not a mistake 7), etc.  I will just leave you with a few pictures to enjoy.  Trace is pulling my arm and now we are going to set up his Choo-Choo from Santa.  I know it won't be near as good as Dada's setup but a girl can try :-)










Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Hope, Love, Courage &Faith,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment