Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend Fun

We had a great Memorial Day weekend with family.  Memorial weekend is always when the water trampoline is brought out.  Trace wasn't able to enjoy it last year, but boy was it a BIG hit this year.


He rode the slide at least 100 times - what a little water bug!  



Trace spent most of the weekend in the lake or pool, he wasn’t able to be outside without being in water.  It was just too hot, even with the cooling vest. 


We attempted a boat ride, which only lasted about 5-10 minutes.  Trace overheated very quickly and was just screaming.  I felt so bad for him.  I didn’t think it would happen so quick, but I guess I’m still learning.  When we got him back in the house he couldn’t even sit himself up and immediately went to sleep.  After napping he woke ready to go – for half an hour and was tired again.  I guess getting so hot just took a toll on him.  I’m going to try out a patch he can wear to tell me if his body is overheating.  I'm hoping they work since Trace can't tell me.  Other than that, the weekend was a blast.  The kids had so much fun – and so did we!!  Can’t wait to go back and make more great memories. 
Congrats to my star Peyton!!  She will be playing Amber in next years school musical Hairspray.  I can’t wait to watch her light up the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment