Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Loss of a Child

My heart hurts.  It is broken.  Two precious boys who would have brought joy, excitement and most of all more love to our family were given their angel wings all too soon.  I didn't have the opportunity to hug them, kiss them, or see their beautiful faces.  However, I already loved them and my heart still hearts.  I wish I could take the pain from their sweet parents.  A pain that is of a greater magnitude than any of us, who have never lost a child, could ever imagine.  My heart hurts so much for them.  They will be forever changed by this loss.  I can only hope this suffering brings their hearts even closer together. 

Another Mito baby gained his angel wings as well.  Just as my nephews, I did not have the pleasure of knowing him.  However, my heart still hurts.  I can't help but think of the suffering he endured here on earth.  I can't imagine the pain his parents must be enduring right now.  I truly despise this disease.

I don't think there is anything worse in life than losing your child.  It is a devastation I don't ever want to feel.  The thought of losing my precious Trace to Mito has crossed my mind a few times.  I'm sure every parent of a Mito baby has had these thoughts.  It's a terrible reality of the disease.  I hope and pray that God doesn't decide to take him to soon.  The loss of a child is something no parent should ever have to face, but a horrbile part of life that many do face.  It makes me realize yet again never to take even one day for granted.  To appreciate every blessing bestowed upon us and to never lose sight of those blessings no matter how thick the "fog" gets. 

May these Angels be forever dancing in Heaven above ~

Hope, Love, Courage &Faith,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment