Thursday, October 6, 2011

Peyton's Sweet Sixteen

Today is my baby girl's 16th birthday.  I can't believe it.  I guess the saying is true - time flies by when you're having fun.  I can remember the day she was born like yesterday.  She was so tiny - 5 lbs and 18" long.  She was absolutely perfect.  That hasn't changed and neither has her petite size.  She's beautiful inside and out.  She's smart and takes pride in making good grades.  She's talented and loves to perform - dancing, cheering and acting.  She gives no less than 100% to everything she takes on.  She is a ball of energy.  She is strong-willed.  She's a joy that lifts all around her up.  And best of all, has a huge heart.  I'm so proud to be her mother.  Thank you God for my precious gift - Peyton Nicole.

So as I said yesterday, birthdays are big in our house.  And being it was her sweet sixteen, it wouldn't have been complete without a BIG party.  So we started planning this event a couple of months back and she decided the theme would be "Circus Circus".  I agreed it would be fun!  Okay, I have to say my daughter happens to live in the clouds sometimes and thought we would get an elephant for her to make her grand entrance on!  After that idea was squashed, and laughed at many times the last couple of months, we decided to rent a "big top".  I thought this idea was much more do-able than the elephant!  It still took a little convincing that elephants aren't exactly easy to come by and would be an incredibly expensive waste of money.  So once she got over the fact that there would be no wild animals of any sort (she tried monkeys also!) we got down to planning the other details.  She had a popcorn machine, cotton candy, lollipops, ice cream punch and other circus fare.  Served cotton candy, cookies 'n cream and lemonade cupcakes - they were excellent!  For entertainment, a DJ and caricaturist.  The caricaturist was a big hit with the kids - he did an amazing job putting all of their personalities to paper.  I did feel a little sorry for him though, for two hours he had to endure the lovely blaring hip hop music these teens love.  The best part of the night for me was seeing my beautiful girl make her entrance in her party dress.  She looked absolutely amazing.  Her shining beauty brought tears to my eyes. The party was a success and I believe all had a good time.  Especially since they are already trying to plan another one - Crazy Teenagers!! 


Finishing Touches

Special present from Aunt Brandee!!! 

Ready to party!

Our "Big Top"

Peyton and her BFF

Thomas, Peyton & I

Beautiful Girls!!!

The "VIP"s

Tonight I get to watch Peyton perform as Amber in her high school musical Hairspray.  I can't wait!  She loves the stage and it shows in all of her performances!  

Happy Birthday My Princess - I Love You!!!


Hope, Love, Courage &Faith,
Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment